Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Freedom Of Speech

  Why is it that the mainstream media are so fascinated by allegations of an affair between a footballer and a reality TV star yet they have nothing to say about allegations that a Downs Syndrome girl was raped by a paedophile gang who are not being pursued by the Scottish criminal justice system ?

 I do not believe that anything resembling a "super-injunction" exists in relation to the Hollie Greig case, therefore it is the decision of individual TV stations and newspapers not to run the story. The former Lord Advocate, Elish Angiolini, did, of course, write to various media organisations warning them not to run the story but I am not aware of any order being issued by any court to this effect.

 I have an interdict (Scottish term for injunction) against myself which restricts my freedom of speech. The bail conditions for my criminal trial preclude me from revealing any further details of this matter.

2 comments:

  1. Doing the right thing always pays off in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read this and learn...http://mtrial.org/

    ReplyDelete