Saturday, May 14, 2011

Situation Vacant: Lord Advocate

  I am intrigued that the position of Lord Advocate of Scotland remains vacant following the departure of Elish Angiolini. Given that Mrs Angiolini announced her resignation seven months ago, one would have thought that this would have allowed more than sufficient time to recruit her successor.

 My only hope is that the Scottish government is taking it's time in order to ensure that the new Lord Advocate is a person with the integrity and moral courage to lead a full public enquiry into the Hollie Greig case as well as some of the other high-profile miscarriages of justice, which are at least reported in the mainstream media.

 Far more eminent figures than myself, including QC's Robert Black and Ian Hamilton, have been highly critical of Mrs Angiolini and once again I call upon Alex Salmond to take the necessary steps to restore public confidence in the Scottish justice system.

 http://lockerbiecase.blogspot.com/2011/05/windhoek-musings.html

http://www.ianhamiltonqc.com/blog/?p=475

4 comments:

  1. Might have something to do with so many people DEMANDING answers from the office of the Lord Advocate about Hollie's case and the Scottish elite's refusal to allow her justice! I believe it's called 'crapping themselves'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you apply for the position?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I were a betting man, I would put my money on Peter Watson of Levy & McRae.

    ReplyDelete