Monday, August 1, 2011

My Background

 Some people may be wondering exactly who I am and how I came to be involved in Hollie Greig's campaign for justice.

   I am retired travel agent who now works part-time as a disc jockey at community and hospital radio stations near my home in Cheshire. I am divorced with two grown-up children and earlier this year I celebrated my 65th birthday. I am strictly an amateur investigator both in the sense that I have never had any form of training and also that I do not receive any payment for this work. My "career" as an investigator started by accident when I stumbled across serious corruption in the travel industry.

  In 2008, I first met with Stuart Usher, who ran the organisation "Scotland Against Crooked Lawyers" which was providing assistance to Anne Greig in her attempt to secure justice for her daughter, Hollie. Stuart asked me if I would take on their case and, after meeting with the two ladies, I was so impressed by their dignity and determination and so appalled by the injustice they had suffered that I had no hesitation in agreeing to do so. It is a sad indictment of our society that myself and Hollie's ever-growing band of supporters need to take it upon ourselves to fight for justice and to generate publicity. It is clear to me that the legal system is failing in it's moral duty to protect vulnerable victims and that the primary concern of politicians is to cover-up a potential scandal. Up until yesterday, I had considered that the mainstream media were failing in their duty to report a story of massive public interest but I am confident that the article in the "Scottish Sunday Express" will be the first of many.

 Although I hold views on many other subjects these are of no relevance to the Hollie Greig case, which is a single-issue campaign, and I have consistently urged supporters not to be distracted by side-issues and to simply tell as many people as possible the simple facts of the case. The facts speak for themselves and there is no need for exaggeration or speculation which could damage our credibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment